With a yard sale frame and a few craft supplies you can create a fun piece of home decor perfect for any room!
We used to have a front room. Or formal sitting room. Or whatever you call it. The room that held our fancy (inherited) furniture that no one ever hung out in, except Baloo because he likes to be alone when he chews on his toys. The furniture is dark grey and yellow, the walls were light grey, and I thought it would be fun to make a quirky wall hanging to bring a little bit of my personality
Yard Sale Frame to Fun Home Décor:
Then I decided to take over the front room and make it my studio. My all white with bright pops of color studio. And we realized this guy had to go. So now I’m a little sad. This weekend he’ll go to a new home, and I’ll finish overhauling the front room – but in the meantime I’ve put together a blog post
- Cricut Machine (I used the Explore but you can also use the Maker – which is available at Cricut, Michaels, and HSN)
- Xyron Creative Station
- Old Frame
- Spray Paint
- Paper Mache Animal Head (here is a unicorn!)
- Wood Block
- Craft Knife
- Spray Adhesive
- Wrapping Paper
- Stickles (optional)
- Embellishments (I used fabric flowers)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Compass (optional)
How To Transform Yard Sale Frame To Fun Home Décor:
1. We took the frame apart and spray painted the face, then repeated the process with the deer head.
3. I used a compass to draw an oval about 2″ in from the edge of the frame, then added Stickles to the outline for a little bling!
4. We cut a hole in the back of the deer and adhered a wood block…
5. Then drilled holes in the frame and screwed the deer head right in to the frame base.
Added some flowers from my stash – and voila! The wall hanging I love but will never actually get to hang on a wall. I hope his new owners will love him as much as we do!