With a flower bundle and some ribbon, you can turn any old rake into some fresh looking spring decor for your front porch or home!
A $1 yard sale rake (and its pitchfork buddy) and a few 40% off stem bundles from Michaels make the EASIEST Spring decor project I think I’ve ever done!
Also, even though I decorated this rake using ”spring flowers”, you could always make this same rake for different seasons! For instance, this project would be cute to set out in the summer (using stem bundles of Daisies/Carnations) or fall (using stem bundles of Sunflowers/Chrysanthemum).
- glue gun
- stem bundles from Michaels (see below)
- 6′ of ribbon
HOW TO MAKE Repurposed Rake Spring Decor:
Why buy the stem bundles instead of loose floral stems? Flower arranging is not my strength, so picking up a few of these pre-“assembled” bundles saves me a TON of time. They are also cut shorter so I don’t have to trim anything before gluing them on to the rake!
And just so you don’t think I am getting too fancy…this in-process photo epitomizes my creative life. I haven’t showered in two days (I mean – look at my hair!), I am still wearing my pajamas, I am trying to hold the rakes still and stay out of the way so Don can get the photo, and Bizzy Bee is supervising the whole ridiculous mess. This is classic Kingstons!
Now, if you need some written instructions, then we have you covered! Check out the instructions box below to see all of the details for this project. Plus, you can even print them or pin them to your favorite Pinterest board!
Repurposed Rake Spring Decor
- glue gun
- stem bundles from Michaels
- 6′ of ribbon
- Grab your flower bundle and decide where you want to place it on your rake. Then apply hot glue to the rake and adhere your flower bundle. While doing this step, make sure you add hot glue between the flower stems.
- Cut a 3-inch piece of ribbon and wrap it around the stems and rake, leaving a ''tail'' at each end. Then take another 3-inch piece of ribbon and fold it several times. Finally, tie that piece of ribbon to the rake using the ''tails'' from the first piece of ribbon we added to the rake.
- Fluff your ribbon and trim the ends of your ribbon, as desired. Then fluff and arrange your flowers around the ribbon.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ANOTHER FUN SPRING PROJECT TO MAKE, THEN CHECK OUT OUR EASY SPRING WREATH!
- DIY Wood Pumpkins
- FREE PUMPKIN PRINTABLES FOR EASY FELT FUN!
- HALLOWEEN HOME DECOR: CHEESECLOTH GHOSTS
- CRICUT EXPLORE 3: TABLE RUNNER WITH SMART MATERIALS
- Dollar Tree Crafts: Easter Carrot Wreath
- Easy DIY Easter Decor
- DIY Winter Farmhouse Sign and Free SVG file
- DIY Farmhouse Decor: How to Paint a Large Basket
- Halloween Table Setting with Cricut: Dinner Menu
- Personalized Door Hangers and How to Hang Them
- Cricut Explore One Summer Sun Coasters
- Turn an Old Cabinet Door in to a Fabulous Serving Tray!
Follow for more!
Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Tiktok for all the latest craft projects! Plus you can shop all our favorites over at Kingston Crafts!