When I hosted my first neighborhood craft night in October I knew it would be something fun to do on a Friday night, but I couldn’t have imagined how much I would look forward to this “girl time” or what a bond I would feel with these women – many of whom were essentially strangers when we first started. My December travel schedule was a little hectic and with the holidays coming I wasn’t sure I’d be able to fit one in (or if anyone would have time to come) – so when all of my “regulars” not only came but brought three new people, I knew we had something special. This month’s project – teacher gifts! All photos (except the crappy one at the bottom) courtesy of Busy Bee Photography.
We created altered notebooks and post-it note holders using the GORGEOUS Teresa Collins Vintage Finds collection and – of course – my Xyron machines. You can find a quick tutorial on how to create your own notebook (with the lovely Teresa herself) here:
and I created the post-it note holders using two pieces of 3×3 chipboard covered in patterned paper (and we made our own binding using a smaller piece of paper), but of course AFTER craft night I found an ENTIRE Pinterest page with tutorials that were MUCH easier. Live and learn! 🙂
Bizzy – the official mascot of…well…everything. 🙂 She is like the “Where’s Waldo” of craft night!
I got so wrapped up in the fun of it all that I forgot to ask Rachel to take a picture of the post-it note holder, so here it is – in all its low light, crummy camera blurriness. I made it nice and big so you can revel in the awesomeness of the photo. Ha!
Happy Crafting everybody! Can’t wait to see what the new year will bring!
Neighborhood Craft Night – Teacher Gifts
- Xyron Mega Runner
- Xyron 1.5'' Sticker Maker
- Sheets of Paper
- Cut your sheet of paper to fit the front and back of your notebook.
- Add some adhesive to the front of your notebook (using your Xyron Mega Runner) and adhere your paper (from step 1). Repeat this with the back of the notebook.
- Run your embellishments through the Xyron 1.5'' Sticker Maker.
- Peel off the Xyron backing from your embellishments, and add them to your notebook cover.
- Free SVG Files for Tea Lovers
- DIY Hygge Ornaments and Free Pattern
- Free Halloween Bat SVG Files
- FREE PUMPKIN PRINTABLES FOR EASY FELT FUN!
- Dollar Tree Crafts: Easter Carrot Wreath
- Free Baby SVG Files
- Free SVG Files for Christmas
- 10 Last Minute Halloween Projects with Cricut
- DIY Rainbow Ribbon Wreath
- Create Custom Onesies with the Cricut EasyPress
- Custom Gift Boxes with Cricut Explore Air Gold
- Cricut Explore vs Cricut Explore Air – and other cool Cricut News!