This post has been sponsored by Ziploc® Brand + NESTLÈ® TOLL HOUSE. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Fall is here, and that means it is time to pumpkin spice all the things! These easy popcorn gifts will let us surprise our friends and neighbors with a treat this Thanksgiving. We grabbed some Ziploc® Brand Slider Bags and these ridiculously delicious NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE Pumpkin Spice Morsels and whipped up this pumpkin candy corn swirl popcorn recipe that is our newest addiction. Best of all—we’re sharing a free Thanksgiving bag topper printable to make it easy to spread the pumpkin spice love!
PUMPKIN CANDY CORN POPCORN AND FREE PRINTABLE
I found these NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE Pumpkin Spice Morsels at Walmart. More and more, I find myself heading there for my holiday baking ideas! My local Walmart has a special section JUST for Thanksgiving baking (which is where I found these), and it has everything from spices, to fun sprinkles, to flavored mixes, and more. And DO NOT get me started on their candy selection! Oh, the deliciousness! And make sure to use Ziploc® Brand Sliders to keep it fresh and to share.
Click here to save now with Ibotta on Toll House!
This was my first time using the Pumpkin Spice Toll House Morsels—and we’ll be using them on pretty much everything this fall! The package calls them filled baking truffles, and that is the perfect description. They have a thin white chocolate outer shell with a delicately spiced center. They melt beautifully and the flavor is perfect. We have a houseful of VERY particular pumpkin spice fans who all gave this a thumbs up. I had to make a double batch just to keep them away from these bags!
PUMPKIN CANDY CORN SWIRL POPCORN RECIPE SNACK MIX
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 c sugar
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups assorted mixed nuts (peanuts, almonds, cashews, etc.)**
- 10 cups plain popped popcorn*
- 1 c NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Pumpkin Spice Morsels filled baking truffles
- candy corn
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Whisk egg white until frothy in a large bowl. In a small bowl combine salt, sugar and spices.
3. Toss the nuts in the egg white and then stir in sugar/spice mixture.
4. Spread out on baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Cool completely, break into pieces
5. In a double boiler or microwave, melt 1 cup of pumpkin spice filled baking truffles.
6. With a spoon, drizzle melted baking truffles over popcorn and stir. Let harden at room temperature and break apart.
7. Stir popcorn and nuts together, and serve. Or, create some Thanksgiving treat bags to send home as favors!
*Don’t use pre-buttered popcorn, air-pop or stovetop is best.
**Nut-free alternative: Use small pretzels (sticks or twists) and pumpkin seeds instead of nuts
Pumpkin Swirl Popcorn Snack Mix
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt if using salted mixed nuts (see below) omit salt
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups assorted mixed nuts** peanuts, almonds, cashews, etc
- 10 cups plain popcorn
- 1 cup Nestle Toll House Pumpkin Spice Filled Baking Truffles
- 1/2 bag candy corn
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk egg white until frothy in a large bowl. In a small bowl combine salt, sugar and spices.
- Toss the nuts in the egg white and then stir in sugar/spice mixture.
- Spread out on baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Cool completely, break into pieces.
- In a double boiler or microwave, melt 1 cup of pumpkin spice filled baking truffles.
- With a spoon, drizzle melted baking truffles over popcorn and stir. Let harden at room temperature and break apart.
- Stir popcorn and nuts together, and serve. Or, create some Thanksgiving treat bags to send home as favors!
HOW TO MAKE TREAT BAGS WITH FREE PRINTABLES
- Ziploc® Brand Slider Storage Bags, Quart Size (we used the Family Pack 76 count)
- FREE bag topper printables (see links below) – NOTE: These printable bag toppers are sized to fit Ziploc® Brand Quart Size Slider Bags.
- 8 ½ x 11 white cardstock (1 sheet per bag topper)
- double sided tape
- optional – ribbon
Whoever came up with this “stand and fill” bottom for the Ziploc® Brand Slider bags is a genius. It made the bags SO much easier to fill, rather than trying to wrangle the popcorn mix into the bag while it was laying flat. Thank you product development peeps!
1. Fill Ziploc® Brand Quart Size Slider Bags about ¾ full with popcorn mix, and zip shut to seal.
2. Click on the free bag topper images to save to your computer. There is one topper per sheet.
3. Open file and print onto 8.5 x 11 white cardstock.
4. Once the toppers are printed cut them out, fold them in half, then unfold.
5. Apply double sided tape to top and bottom of each topper (on the blank side).
6. Adhere to bag and start spreading a little Thanksgiving happiness around the neighborhood!
IF you loved our easy Pumpkin popcorn gifts, then check out our easy-to-make Christmas snacks!
- DIY Hygge Ornaments and Free Pattern
- DIY Wood Pumpkins
- FREE PUMPKIN PRINTABLES FOR EASY FELT FUN!
- CRICUT EXPLORE 3: TABLE RUNNER WITH SMART MATERIALS
- DIY Dollar Tree Crafts: Farmhouse Home Decor
- Free SVG Files for End of School Year
- 10 Homemade Christmas Cards You Can Create With Cricut
- 10 Last Minute Halloween Projects with Cricut
- Personalized Door Hangers and How to Hang Them
- DIY Valentine’s Day Garland
- DIY Custom Gift Wrap
- DIY Party Decorations on a Budget
Follow for more!
Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Tiktok for all the latest craft projects! Plus you can shop all our favorites over at Kingston Crafts!